Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Single Man: Gorgeous Architecture, Great Clothes, And Guys I Could Stare At For Embarrasingly Long Amounts Of Time..

I decided to cut out of work early yesterday and take myself to the movies.  I'd been wanting to see A Single Man for a while but yesterday just seemed like a good day to steal some time for myself.  Plus I've been wanting to eat popcorn every day lately.
The house that the main character lives in is absolutely stunning.  I wanted to memorize it and copy it exactly.  It's pure 60's LA goodness.
The wardrobe (being directed by Tom Ford) is excellent.  The best part is that a lot of the looks are totally copy-able.  Guys, you should get some thinner ties they look great.
Lastly, I'm not really the kind of girl that normally lusts over actors but good GOD some of the guys were sensational looking in that film.  Totally worth it although it was kind of awkward seeing as I was the youngest person in the theater by around 40 years or so.  As an added bonus - Julianne Moore's make-up close up is so amazing that I'm tempted to try out the look.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bayjb said...

I saw that movie this weekend too and I was also one of the youngest people in the theater. The story was interesting but it was so beautifully shot. I felt like I was in a surreal world. The clothing though was insane. I LOVED it. So visually beautiful.

February 14, 2010 at 6:59 PM  
Anonymous nisha said...

Love Tom Ford. and loved this movie. The glass house was awesome, as was every outfit on every character

February 17, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home