Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Weekend In A Few Words. False Eyelashes, Fresh Tortillas And Eviction.

I am officially obsessed with making my own corn tortillas.  I've been making them at least twice a week and I've moved on to offering to come over to friend's houses and make a stack for them as well.  I've been using this tortilla press on the left and a hot griddle (dry) and it only takes about 20 minutes to make 20 or so tortillas.  The best part is that all you need to make them is Masa Harina flour, a little pinch of salt, and water so you know there's no preservatives or anything in there.  Here's the recipe I use.



In other news, I managed to pull myself out of the winter funk long enough to get dressed up to go out on Saturday.  One of my favorite things in life is false eyelashes so I pulled those out and went to the Ivory Room which is a Piano bar that I'm convinced used to be a gym.   The New Jersey-ite requested they cover such piano friendly tunes as Rammstein and Lady Gaga......
Here's a great video tutorial for applying fake lashes.

Also, I started Janet Fitch's "Paint it Black" since her previous book "White Oleander" has been one of my favorite books for years.  It's slightly more depressing than Oleander (the main character's artist boyfriend dies right away) but I really like the main character, she's got loads of attitude and a cool sounding wardrobe (bright yellow faux fur jacket).
It's inspiring me to paint a mural on my wall which I'm fairly certain will get me evicted.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Royce said...

Sounds like you had an, um, interesting weekend. And who doesn't love a good piano cover of Du Hast? Don't hate

February 8, 2010 at 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home